On Friday at Christians at the Capitol in Frankfort, Dr. David Gibbs of the Christian Law Association provided an update of the cases his organization sees as their lawyers defend religious liberty across the nation.
This list was his request for prayer as they battle on the front lines.
1. Gender agenda
It's picking up traction as it has become fashionable to pick one's gender. Their next stop is the church. Fewer than 40% of churches are standing up.
Proponents are fighting:
- for the "right" for kids to explore their sexuality (just review Common Core to confirm)
- against the rights of parents of minors, arguing that parents have no rights to stop their children from changing gender
- on behalf of existing church staff/members changing identity (this is causing great turmoil within the churches, never expecting they'd have these issues in their midst)
**Churches need to know how they will respond before it comes to them.**
2. Marriage agenda
US Supreme Court is poised to legalize homosexual marriage nationally; polygamy groups are standing in line to get their "right" as soon as Biblical marriage falls.
- Will the church recognize these "marriages"??
3. Hate speech
Churches are being told they cannot teach Biblical marriage as the only right way in children's ministry; at junior high level, the parents have no rights.
4. Parental rights on 3 fronts
-Education: Groups have risen again to fight for complete government control of Christian and home schools.
-Religion: Kids have the "right" not to attend church, pray, read Bible, etc.
-Medical: Parents are being stripped of decision-making regarding healthcare choices for their children.
5. Right to witness - a command given by Christ, yet only 4% of Christians do itThere is a battle to make witnessing about Christ illegal.
Dr. Gibbs' Notes on Prayer: Ask (original translation means "specifically," the word for getting "detailed with God"), and you shall receive. So, be specific in your prayers.
1. Only works if you pray - have a list!
2. Be fervent - the fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
3. Gotta be clean - confess, get right, clean your closet first
So get clean, and fervently pray from your list every day!